Connect Exact Target (Salesforce® Marketing Cloud) to Facebook Custom Audiences with LeadsBridge
This article is a simple guide on how to set up the bridge and connect Exact Target (Salesforce® Marketing Cloud) to Facebook Custom Audiences.
How to set up the bridge step-by-step tutorial
Before you start
- Head over to the left sidebar and click on Facebook Suite.
- Click Facebook Custom Audiences.
- You'll be taken to the Facebook Custom Audiences section of your account.
- Click on Add New.
- You'll be taken to the first step of the bridge creation.
Step 1: Account destination
- Select the Facebook Ad Account you want to assign the Facebook Custom Audiences.
- Click Next.
Step 2: Choose your Facebook Custom Audiences settings
- Pick an existing Custom Audience or choose to create a new one from the drop-down.
- In case of a new one, enter the name for your Facebook Custom Audiences (this will be visible inside your Ad Account).
- Add some labels to identify your bridge later in LeadsBridge.
- For new audience, select if you'd like to include the Lifetime Value to create better-performing lookalikes.
- Click Next.
Step 3: Setup your Exact Target (Salesforce® Marketing Cloud) source
- Choose Exact Target (Salesforce® Marketing Cloud) as source of your contacts.
- Select to use an existing integration or to create a new one.
- Click Next.
You may skip the integration part if your integration has been already configured.
Integrate Exact Target (Salesforce® Marketing Cloud) with LeadsBridge
- Type in the name you'd like to call your integration to recognize it later.
- Enter Client ID, Client Secret and Authentication Base URI to connect your Exact Target (Salesforce® Marketing Cloud) with LeadsBridge.
- Log into Exact Target with an Admin User
- On the top right of the screen, next to your username, make sure to select the correct Company, or Business Unit, that you want to connect with LeadsBridge
- Click on your username on the top right of the screen
- Click on Setup
- Go to Apps » Installed Packages, under Platform Tools
- Click on New at the top right of the screen
- Give a name to your New Package, for example LeadsBridge
- Click on Save
- Click on Add Component
- Select API Integration, then click on Next
- Select Server-to-Server, then click on Next
- Click on the Edit button of the API Integration you just created
- Flag the following items:
- Under Channels » Web, flag Read, Write and Publish
- Under Contacts » Audiences & Contacts » List and Subscribers, flag every item (if you want to use Lists)
- Under Data » Data Extensions & Data » File Locations, flag every item (if you want to use Data Extensions )
- Click on Save
- Copy the Authentication Base URI, Client ID and Client Secret from the API Integration you have just created on Exact Target
- Paste that information inside your LeadsBridge integration setup
- Click Next.
- Select the segment you'd like to use as the source for your contacts.
- You may also add filter conditions by clicking the Source Filter button:
- Add conditions to filter contacts and tailor specific segments.
- Remember that source data will be processed only when all conditions added are met.
Here you can map your Exact Target (Salesforce® Marketing Cloud) information with your destination fields.
You'll see a field name with the destination integration's logo at the top, this indicates the name of the field on Facebook Custom Audiences.
Underneath there's a box where you may add the information you'd like to send.
- Check each of the Facebook Custom Audiences fields available and match the data you wish to sync from Exact Target (Salesforce® Marketing Cloud).
- Map as many fields as possible to achieve higher performing data matching to people on Facebook.
- Email and Phone can accept up to 3 values, thus allowing to create better-performing retargeting.
- Static values can be added only for Country Code, Gender and U.S. State fields.
- You may also leave blank the box of a field's information you don't want to send through.
Adding more information is simple and straightforward:
- Head over the "Would you like to add more information?" box at the bottom of the page.
- Select the field you'd like to add from the dropdown list.
- Click the Map this field button.
- The field will appear above.
- Add the desired information, as you did with the other ones.
Once accomplished your desired outcome, click Next.
Here you can Edit the source created, Delete it or Add Another Source to combine different sources into your Facebook Custom Audiences.
If you'd like to add other source data, please click Add Another Source and repeat the Step 3 to setup your new source.
Once done, click Next and head to the last step.
Step 4: Summary
- Before proceeding, please check the information recap.
- Choose if you'd like to run a Simulation or you're ready to go Live.
- Simulation mode provides you with the opportunity to elaborate source data excluding the data sync process. The outcome is a report in order to verify the information processed.
- Live mode process source data and sync information with Facebook Custom Audiences as the outcome. Activate this when you're ready to go live.
That's all! Congratulations.
Your bridge will now start the sync process to gather all the information. Once ready, it will be synced and updated automatically.
- Getting Started with Custom Audiences
- Custom Audiences Common Questions
- Source: Exact Target (Salesforce® Marketing Cloud)
- Facebook Custom Audiences TOS
- Troubleshooting Facebook and common issues
If you have any other questions, or need help to configure your bridge from Exact Target (Salesforce® Marketing Cloud) to Facebook Custom Audiences with LeadsBridge, do not hesitate to contact our Support!