Facebook Dynamic Ads for Automotive
Facebook’s Dynamic Ads for automotive is a great solution specifically designed for car manufacturers and car dealers.
What are Dynamic Ads?
Dynamic Ads for automotive enable advertisers to upload the entire inventory of vehicles (product catalog), including relevant details for each vehicle (make, model, year, location, trim, vehicle state, pricing, and other relevant details).
It then automatically generates ads for each vehicle to drive potential auto buyers to take action (lead form submission, vehicle detail page, etc.)
You don’t need to create each ad separately. Just set up the campaign, and Facebook’s Dynamic Ads will do the rest, promoting your entire inventory of vehicles on Facebook and Instagram (depending on the ad placement you choose).
How does it work?
Combining Dynamic Ads with the effectiveness of Facebook Lead Ads, you can set up a powerful lead generation machine that enables you to collect targeted leads, displaying a lead gen form when someone clicks on an item.
Dynamic Ads for Automotive are fully compatible with the Facebook Pixel/SDK and Custom Audiences, which enable you to show relevant items to targeted potential auto buyers who’ve already shown an interest in your business.
How do I integrate Dynamic Lead Ads?
LeadsBridge natively supports Facebook’s Dynamic Lead Ads for Automotive; you should create a Facebook Lead Ads Bridge and select your Facebook Dynamic Ads form.
Make sure to have your Lead Ads form connected on LeadsBridge, and you will be ready to go!
Don’t worry if you don’t have it yet; you may create a Bridge by looking at the following guidelines:
How can I identify the lead’s interest?
Along with your Dynamic Lead Ads, there is the “Retailer Item ID” information. This is the dynamic value that will help you recognize which car (or product) your leads have signed up for.
LeadsBridge will then show you the special field “Retailer Item ID” that you may match with the vehicle “vin” field in the most common scenario for automotive lead generation.
How to add a test lead on your Dynamic Ad?
Ok, but… what if you don’t have any leads on your form at the moment?
Don’t worry; if you didn’t collect any lead from the Dynamic Lead Ads yet, make sure to follow the guidelines linked below to add a test lead:
Once done, you will be able to see the Retailer Item ID field available on your LeadsBridge’s settings.
How to map vehicle details?
To map vehicle details such as make, model, year, location, trim, vehicle state, pricing, etc., you should follow the steps below.
First, we would need to get the spreadsheet link URL you’ve linked inside your Facebook Catalog:
- Go to Facebook Business Manager → Commerce Manager, or click here.
- Click on the Catalog you’re connecting with LeadsBridge
- On the left menu, click on Data Sources.
- Then click on your data source name under the Name column.
- Go to Settings
- In the Schedules area, copy the URL address next to From. Notice that the URL address must be connected to a public online document, for example, a Google Sheet’s spreadsheet file
Now we should match the custom fields inside the Fields Matching step of the Bridge following the steps below:
- Go into the Fields Matching step of your Bridge.
- Inside Don’t find a ADF/XML (automotive) custom field? drop-down field, at the bottom of the page, search for the custom field you want to add, for example, vehicle >> make
- Then click on Map this field.
- Click inside the custom field you just added.
- Search for Functions → UTILS » VALUE LOOKUP FROM CSV
- This will open a configuration window that you should fill as follows:
- Field → Select the field name that we will use as a reference to find the custom field inside the spreadsheet, usually is the column that contains your vehicle ID, for example, Retailer Item ID.
- CSV URL → Paste the spreadsheet link URL you got at the beginning of these guidelines
- Search → Type the name of the column that contains the value you selected inside the Field drop-down; for example, the column that contains the Retailer Item ID could be called vehicle_id
- Replace → Type the column’s name that contains the value you want to map on this field; for example, the column that contains the Vehicle Make could be called make.
- Once you’ve filled all the fields, click on Confirm
- Repeat the steps above for each vehicle detail you want to map, for example, make, model, year, location, trim, vehicle state, pricing, etc.
- Once you’ve finished adding and mapping all the custom fields you want, click on Next to save changes.
Why I’m not receiving additional vehicle information on some of my old leads?
It could happen that you are not able to see some (old) leads vehicle information on your Leads Table (the blue Leads button next to your Bridge name). Usually, this means that the vehicle has been removed from the CSV file used to create the Dynamic Ads on Facebook.
When you open your Leads Table, the information gets dynamically retrieved from Facebook in real-time, this implies that the leads you’re seeing (and their respective additional values, for instance, vehicle make) are being taken directly from Facebook, so if some information has been removed from Facebook, it won’t be visible on LeadsBridge.
For example, you might have Dynamic Ads on used cars; once one of those cars is sold, it will be removed from the CSV file to withdraw that specific car ad. If, after the car was removed from the CSV file, you search for the leads related to that car in your Leads Table, you won’t be able to see some of its additional vehicle information (like vehicle year) since this information has been removed from Facebook.