How to create a Custom Audience
Custom Audience creation step-by-step
Before you start
Head over to the left sidebar and click on Facebook Suite > Custom Audiences.
Click on Add New to create a new audience; you’ll be taken to the first step of the bridge creation.
The bridge creation wizard has the following steps:
- Account information
- Audience settings
- Source setup and fields mapping
You’ll see the steps on the left side of the screen during the bridge creation process.
In the first step, you should select the Ad Account you’d like to assign the Custom Audience from the drop-down.
In this example with Facebook Custom Audience, this step allows you to select the Facebook Ad Account. Available settings depend on the destination platform.
If you didn’t add the Ad Account already, you may click on the “Add Ad Account” button.
- Pick an existing Custom Audience or choose to create a new one from the drop-down.
- In case of a new one, enter the name for your Custom Audience (this will be visible inside your Ad Account).
- For new audience, select if you’d like to include the Lifetime Value to create better-performing lookalikes.
- Add some labels to organize and identify your bridge later in LeadsBridge.
Here you can choose if you want to create an integration from scratch or select an existing one, already created in your LeadsBridge account.
- Click Browse… and select the source of your contacts from the list.
- You may filter source applications using group tags on the selection panel.
If you choose to create a new integration, enter the information requested to authorize the account. Each configuration depends on the setup properties of the desired source application.
- Select the segment you’d like to use as the source for your contacts. In this example, we should choose a spreadsheet from our Google Sheet account.
- It is also possible to add filter conditions by clicking the Source Filter button:
- Add conditions to filter contacts and tailor specific segments.
- Remember that source data will be processed only when all conditions added are met.
In this step, it’s possible to establish relationships between the source information with your the Custom Audience fields.
You’ll see a field name with the destination integration’s logo at the top, this indicates the name of the field on the Custom Audience. Underneath there’s a box where you may add the information you’d like to send.
Map as many fields as possible to achieve higher performing data matching to people.
It’s also possible to add further fields from the ones available for the destination platform.
Here you can manage your Audience sources, for example you may add another source to combine different sources into your Custom Audience.
This is the recap screen before publishing the bridge, where you may choose also if you’d like to run a Simulation first.
Simulation mode provides you with the opportunity to test the sync process, to elaborate source data, without sending any information to Facebook. The outcome is the CSV report in order to verify the information processed.
Once you’re ready, click Publish to start the syncing process.
Below a quick video that shows you how to setup a Custom Audience Sync.