Integrate Facebook Offline Conversions with LeadsBridge
Facebook Offline Conversions is a tool designed to help businesses match events that occur offline, such as in-store purchases or over-the-phone bookings, to the Facebook campaigns the leads have been exposed to.
Research has shown that nowadays 56% of store purchases are influenced by digital interactions, and 66% of those interactions come from mobile traffic (source: Deloitte Digital). However, many businesses that close lots of deals offline and do online advertising often lacked clarity about their marketing efforts.
By attributing offline event data from your customer system to people who saw and clicked on your Facebook ads, you can better understand the effectiveness of your ad campaigns and the return on your ad spend. Consequently, you can optimize them and improve your ROAS.
Offline Conversions benefits
- ROI tracking of your online campaigns
- Campaign optimization
- Understanding KPIs like:
- # of offline Leads/Purchases coming from online campaigns
- Cost per offline Leads/Purchases coming from online campaigns
Offline Conversions is the method in which Facebook connects offline events, interactions and transactions back to advertising campaigns on Facebook, Instagram and Audience Network.
With LeadsBridge you may automate your offline events sync with hundreds of systems such as Hubspot, Salesforce® (Salesforce® Exact Target, Salesforce® Pardot), IBM Silverpop, Infusionsoft, Marketo, Microsoft Dynamics CRM, MixPanel, Netsuite, Oracle Bronto, SAP, SharpSpring.
See LeadsBridge’s integrations list for more information.
How LeadsBridge works
LeadsBridge is a third-party tool used to automate marketing and sales flows. It supports different Facebook Ads products such as Facebook Lead Ads, Facebook Custom Audiences and Facebook Offline Conversions.
LeadsBridge automates marketing and sales flow by connecting a source (i.e., a CRM, Hubspot) with a destination (i.e. Facebook Offline Conversions) avoiding any manual importing task.
Advertisers commonly use LeadsBridge to improve their Facebook advertising efforts. Learn more about LeadsBridge.
Offline Conversions creation step-by-step
Before you start
Head over to the left sidebar and click on Facebook Suite > Offline Conversions.
Click on Add New and you’ll be taken to the first step of the bridge creation, that has the following steps:
- Account information
- Audience settings
- Source setup and fields mapping
You’ll see the steps on the left side of the screen during the bridge creation process.
In the first step, you should select the Ad Account and the Business Manager you’d like to assign the Conversion from the drop-down.
If you didn’t add the Ad Account already, you may click on the “Add Ad Account” button (see how to add a Facebook Ad Account for more information).
- Pick an existing Custom Conversion or choose to create a new one from the drop-down.
In case of a new one, enter the name that will be visible inside your Business Manager.
- Choose you’d like to enter a Default Event Value in case the Event Value (the value of the conversion, like the amount spent) is missing or not valid.
- Eventually, you may add some labels to organize and identify your bridge later in LeadsBridge.
Here you can choose if you want to create an integration from scratch or select an existing one, already created in your LeadsBridge account.
- Click Browse… and select the source of your contacts from the list.
- You may filter source applications using group tags on the selection panel.
If you choose to create a new integration, enter the information requested to authorize the account. Each configuration depends on the setup properties of the desired source application.
- Select the segment you’d like to use as the source for your contacts. In this example, we have chosen the “Closed Deals” list from our Hubspot account.
- It is also possible to add filter conditions by clicking the Source Filter button:
- Add conditions to filter contacts and tailor specific segments.
- Remember that source data will be processed only when all conditions added are met.
Here is where the magic happens. This is the place where you map the information between the source and the Conversion fields.
You’ll see a field name with the destination integration’s logo at the top, this indicates the name of the field on the Offline Conversion. Underneath there’s a box where you may add the information you’d like to send.
- Map as many fields as possible to achieve higher performing data matching to people on Facebook.
- Email and Phone can accept up to 3 values, thus allowing to create better-performing retargeting.
- Static values can be added only for Event Name, Transaction Currency, Country Code, Gender and U.S. State fields.
Please remember to specify these mandatory fields to create the Event Set.
- Event Name: the event type;
- Event Time: when the conversion occurred;
- Event Value: the value of the conversion, like the amount spent;
- Transaction Currency.
It’s also possible to add further fields from the ones available for Facebook Offline Conversions.
Custom Data can be used for creating segments in your reporting or building custom audiences next. Custom Data is not used for matching offline events to people on Facebook.
While configuring the Conversion, select one or more information you’d like to add inside the Custom Data field, for example, the Category and the Location of a customer’s order, specifying both the field name and the value.
Here you can manage your Audience sources, for example, you may add another source to combine different sources into your Offline Conversion.
This is the recap screen before publishing the bridge, where you may choose also if you’d like to run a Simulation first.
Simulation mode provides you with the opportunity to test the sync process, to elaborate source data, without sending any information to Facebook. The outcome is the CSV report in order to verify the information processed.
Please activate the Live Sync mode once you’re ready to sync your Offline Conversions with Facebook.
Eventually, click Publish to start the syncing process.
Assign the Offline Events
The final step would be to assign the Offline Events Set to your campaigns in your Facebook Ads Manager.
You should select it during the campaign creation flow:
- Head to the Tracking section
- Select Offline events tracking
- Then choose your offline event sets
Learn more: Set up Offline Event Tracking during ad creation
Check our frequently asked questions to see your Offline Conversions results.
What is an Offline Events Set?
An Offline Events Set is a collection of events that represent your conversions. These events have an “Event Time”, a conversion value (amount) and some contact information that are used by Facebook to match your data with a specific Facebook person.
More detailed and accurate are the information that you will be able to send to Facebook, higher will be the “matching rate” (data that matches with Facebook people) and the “attribution rate” (data that matches with Facebook people that saw your online campaigns).
Which Events type can I send to Facebook?
Here is the full list:
These are the common events used by advertisers to track offline conversions:
When do I need to create the Offline Events Set?
Short answer: before you start your campaigns.
- You have up to 90 days after the ad stops serving to upload the Offline Conversions
- The tracking spec gets created when the OES is assigned to the Ad Account.
- No tracking spec means no Offline Conversions tracking.
- If tracking spec was assigned to the Ad Account on day 5, conversions that happened on/after day 5 will get attributed
For example, let’s say you start a campaign on August 1st without the Events Set. Then, 7 days later, on August 8th, you create and assign the Events Set regardless if manually or via auto-tracking.
You may add offline events starting from August 1st, but Facebook will attribute and counts only conversions from August 8th, which is when the OES has been added to the ads’ tracking spec.
What is the Offline Conversions attribution window?
You have up to 90 days after the ad stops serving to upload the Offline Conversions and see results inside the relative columns. Here is a simple diagram.
What is the “Auto-Tracking” and why we suggest to disable it?
If you manage different Facebook Pages, or well different businesses, with the same Ad Account, you’ll definitely don’t want to use the same Offline Events Set for all.
With auto-tracking enabled, any future campaigns in those ad accounts will automatically be associated with your offline event set as well.
LeadsBridge recommends disabling the “Auto-Tracking” feature. Moreover, our suggestion is to have one OES per business (typically Facebook Page) and associate it directly inside the “Tracking” spec during the ad creation.
When you assign your OES to an ad account, your offline event data can be attributed to the existing campaigns and ads in those ad accounts from that date onward.
How to disable Auto-Tracking for Offline Conversions
- Head to your Facebook Business Manager
- Click on Data Sources > Offline Event Sets
- Select the OES
- Click Assign Ad Accounts
- A popup will open and you may disable the Auto-Tracking option
- Once done, click Save Changes
Where do I see the Offline Conversions results in the Ads Manager?
After you successfully synced your Offline Events Set, the data is matched with your active ad campaigns that have been assigned to that OES.
By tracking ad campaigns and uploading offline event data, you can see which events were attributed to people who saw or clicked on your Facebook ads.
- Go to the Ads Manager.
- Choose the campaign, adset or ad depending on what you’d like to view.
- Click the Columns drop-down menu and select Offline Conversions to load the reporting preset.
- Facebook will show you “Purchase, Leads & Others” conversions as “Number of Events” and “Cost Per Event” by default.
- Click the Columns drop-down again and select Customize Columns.
- You may now select the columns you would like to see.
- You may also change the attribution window to 1, 7, or 28 days.
- Click on Apply
How can I create a Custom Audience based on the Offline Conversions data?
You can use your offline event data to create custom and lookalike audiences for your advertising campaigns.
For example, you can retarget high-value customers, or exclude customers who recently made purchases offline in order to find new customers.
- Go to Offline Events and select an offline event set.
- Click Create Audience and select Custom Audience from the drop-down.
- After the custom audience creation, you may choose to create the Lookalike Audience, that will be based on your offline event data.
Is it possible to change an Ad Account or Business Manager connected to an Offline Conversions?
Once an Offline Conversions has been processed and data are synced, it is not possible to change the Ad Account or the Business Manager connected in order to grant consistency between local and remote data.
The best practice we could suggest is to create another Offline Conversions.
How do I remove the LeadsBridge app from my Facebook account?
If you’d like to disconnect LeadsBridge from your Facebook account, please:
- Open your account settings and head over the Business Integrations section.
- Select the LeadsBridge app from the Active Business Integrations tab.
- Click the Remove button.
- Confirm to remove the connection.
- Get started with offline conversion tracking
- About auto-tracking
- View offline conversion results in Ads Manager
- Create an audience based on offline event data
- View and manage your offline event data in Events Manager
- About offline event data deduplication
- Prepare your customer data
- Manage offline event set permissions