Facebook Common Issues
When using Facebook integration on LeadsBridge you may come across some known and easy-to-fix errors, below we’ll explain how to troubleshoot these and get everything back on track.
Custom Audience Facebook Error (TOS)
Facebook has updated their TOS recently and this is the reason behind the issue.
To fix it you should accept the new TOS by clicking on the Accept TOS button inside LeadsBridge.
You’ll then be redirected to Facebook Custom Audience GUI to accept them, you can also follow this link: https://www.facebook.com/ads/manager/audiences/manage/
Please note that the TOS should be accepted for every Facebook Ads account separately.
LeadsBridge App Permissions
LeadsBridge should have all of the app permissions enabled to work properly on your account.
To make sure they’re enabled just follow the steps below:
- Log into your Facebook Account
- Go to Settings » Business Integrations, or open the following link: https://www.facebook.com/settings?tab=business_tools
- Click on View and edit under LeadsBridge to modify its permissions
- Make sure to give all the permissions to the LeadsBridge App and click on Save.
This is an error message that comes directly from Facebook and it says:
- “Failed to update the custom audience: This audience was created from data source FILE_IMPORTED.MULTI_HASHES, which does not support data source FILE_IMPORTED.HASHES_OR_USER_IDS.”
It means that the creation method of the Audience doesn’t match with the update method on LeadsBridge. Basically, this error comes up when you try to update an Audience previously created from another platform or with a manual upload on Facebook.
To fix this you should create a new Custom Audience inside LeadsBridge which then will be automatically updated. If you wish to use an already created Custom Audience as well for your advertisement, you may select both of them when setting up your campaigns.
The Facebook test didn’t come into my CRM
The firstname.lastname@example.org is a fake lead that is not accepted by a lot of autoresponders/CRMs and this could be the reason why you don’t see it inside your platform.
Please follow these steps to insert a lead with real-data:
- Click here https://developers.facebook.com/tools/lead-ads-testing
- Choose your Facebook Page where you want to insert the test lead
- Click on the Delete lead button
- Click on Preview form (DO NOT CLICK ON Create lead BUTTON)
- Insert any valid email and data
- Click on Submit
Basically, you need to use the Lead Ads Testing Tool provided by Facebook to insert a test lead that you will use to verify that everything works great.
Error validating access token: the user has changed the password
The following error shows up when the password for the account has been changed as it stops LeadsBridge from accessing it:
- “Api  “(FacebookResponseException)  Error validating access token: the user has changed the password”
To fix this you should go into your Ad Accounts area and click on the account where you have changed the password.
Once done click on the Reauthorize green button to give access again to our app to use your account.
Lead Access from the Business Manager
There’s a well-known issue with the Facebook Business Manager. In order to fix it please follow the documentation at the following link: https://leadsbridge.com/documentation/business-manager-permissions/
(FacebookResponseException) ,  or 
If you get one of the following error messages:
- “(FacebookResponseException)  Unsupported get request. Object with ID ‘….’ does not exist“
- “(FacebookResponseException)  (#200) To subscribe to the leadgen field, one of these permissions is needed: leads_retrieval“
- “(FacebookResponseException)  (#278) Reading advertisements requires an access token with the extended permission ads_read”
You should check which is the Ad Account that returns this error by going to the Ad Accounts section of LeadsBridge.
It could be that the Ad Account has expired or some information has been changed on the Facebook side.
To fix it you should Reauthorize the Ad Account involved.
Why I can’t see my Facebook Page inside the drop-down of the bridge?
If you can’t see the Facebook Page inside the bridge setup, means that your connection is outdated. In order to update it, you should re-authorize your Facebook Ad Account by clicking on the here link, as shown below:
Once done, your Facebook Page will show up on the drop-down.
Why I can’t see my Facebook Form under the Facebook step?
To be able to manage Ad Forms and related leads, the Facebook Page containing the Ad Forms must be managed within at least one Business Manager.
Users also have to be managed within the Business Manager of the Facebook Account that is being used. The Page that is used should also be assigned to that user.
If you aren’t able to see the list of Ad Forms inside LeadsBridge as shown below, you could have one of the following cases:
- The Facebook Account isn’t associated with a Business Manager
- The Facebook Page isn’t associated with a Business Manager
- The Facebook Account’s user (People) isn’t associated with the Facebook Page inside the Business Manager
To troubleshoot the problem follow these steps:
- Create a Business Manager associated with your Facebook Account
- Add the Page to at least one Business Manager
- Associate your Account (People) to the Facebook Page within the Business Manager
The Page that you want to manage inside LeadsBridge needs to be included in at least one Business Manager associated with the Facebook Account. The same Page should also be assigned to the Account which is used inside the Bridge.