Integrate FTP/SFTP with LeadsBridge
The File Transfer Protocol (FTP) is a standard protocol used to transfer files from/to a server. With this integration, you will be able to sync leads with your server through an FTP/SFTP connection.
In this article, you'll learn how to connect your LeadsBridge account with FTP/SFTP.
Connect FTP/SFTP integration
- Head over to the left sidebar and click on Integrations
- Click on the Add New button
- Enter a recognizable name for your integration
- Click on the Browse button
- Select "FTP/SFTP" from the providers list
- Click on the Next button
- Enter Domain, Consumer secret, Use SFTP? (Secure FTP), FTP Host, FTP Port, FTP Username, FTP Password, Root directory, Private Key, Charset, File's extension (eg. txt), Fields Separator Char, Headers row number (default 0) and Destination filename pattern to connect FTP/SFTP with LeadsBridge
- Click on the Finish button
How to get the Domain, Consumer secret, Use SFTP? (Secure FTP), FTP Host, FTP Port, FTP Username, FTP Password, Root directory, Private Key, Charset, File's extension (eg. txt), Fields Separator Char, Headers row number (default 0) and Destination filename pattern
In case that you don't have, or you don't know, those details, you should contact your web hosting provider, and they will be able to give you this information.
Usually, web hosting services provide you these details after you sign up for a web hosting package. In most cases you’ll receive your FTP/SFTP information details in the welcome email sent from your web host provider after signing up to their services.
Below you can find a short description for each field from the FTP/SFTP integration:
- Use SFTP This toggle will allow you to use the Secure mode (SFTP), if your FTP server implements it
- FTP Host This is the hosting server name
- FTP Port This is the server port, the default port for FTP is 21, and for SFTP is 22
- FTP Username/Password Your FTP credentials, usually they're the same as your cPanel login details
- Root Directory This is the folder in your FTP service where you would read files from or put files to. If any provided, the root dir will be used
- Headers row number This is the row index (0 based) in which the file headers are located
- Charset This is the charset encoding of your input files
- File's extension This is the extensions that will be used to filter files in case you use your integration as a Source
- Fields Separator Char The char used as separator in the CSV file
- Destination filename pattern This value will be used to define the name of the output file in case the integration is used as Destination. You may use Date and Time patterns chars such as Y/m/d H:i:s. Notice that you should type the pattern inside square brackets, for instance [Ymd]
Which entity concepts we support for FTP/SFTP
RecordThe data related to a Lead, Contact, Order, Product or any other type of item that you could integrate inside LeadsBridge.
Which segmentation concepts we support for FTP/SFTP
With LeadsBridge you may use these segmentation concept for FTP/SFTP.
FileA data file is any file that contains information and it is meant to be read or viewed and not executed. It may contain the settings of a program that tells how to display information.
Common questions for FTP/SFTP
How does the FTP/SFTP integration work when used as Source?
Each file will be seen as a different list inside the bridge settings.
The first row of your file should contain the headers, anyway if it is different you could configure it using the field Headers row number (default 0)
For best results, please format your file with the following syntax:
"EMAIL";"FIELD1″;"FIELD2″;"FIELD3″; and so on…
"firstname.lastname@example.org";"John Paul";"Male";512345678";"Tesla";"Model S";
How does the FTP/SFTP integration work when used as Destination?
The file format depends on the Custom Fields that you add in the integration settings, those will be used as the Destination fields inside the Bridge's Fields Mapping step
To add Custom Fields, you should do the following:
- Head to your FTP Integration settings
- Type the Custom Field name
- Then press Enter
- Repeat steps 2 and 3 until you’ve entered each field name you'd like to add
- Finally, click on Finish
What happens if during some days I don't receive any leads from my source?
Which are the LeadsBridge IPs that need to be whitelisted?
How does the integration create the file Headers when used as Destination?
Which is the order of mapped custom fields when used as Destination ?
Why I get a connection error during my FTP/SFTP integration authentication?
Why I can't see my file in the segments list when the integration is used as Source?
- Getting only files with the configured extensions
- Getting only files with a size equals or less than 20 MB.
How can I distribuite my leads in a single or multiples files when used as Destination?
Indeed, LeadsBridge will generate a file with the name using the configured pattern and the date and the time when the lead is synchronized.
- If you want to have a single file with all your leads, you can insert a fixed filename without any pattern like MyLeads.csv
- If you want to have a single file with the leads that have been collected daily, you can use a pattern that includes the d char in order to change the name daily and don't include any His chars which represent the time values, for instance MyDailyLeads_[Ymd].csv
- If you want to have each leads in a single file, you can use a pattern that includes the time pattern His char, in order to change the name each second, something like MyDailyLeads_[Ymd_His].csv
Why I can't find any field in the Fields Mapping when used as Source?
If your file has the Headers row in a different location due to some pre-Headers, you can set the actual number of the Headers row in the integration settings, using the field Headers row number (default 0).
Notice that the inserted value should be 0-based, this means that the first row is the value 0, the second row is the value 1 and so on.
If you have any further questions regarding this matter, or if you need help to set up the connection between FTP/SFTP with LeadsBridge, do not hesitate to get in touch!