Integrate Intercom with LeadsBridge
Intercom is a startup that helps businesses talk to their customers for sales, marketing, and support, all connected on one platform.
In this article, you'll learn how to connect your LeadsBridge account with Intercom.
Connect Intercom integration
- Head over to the left sidebar and click on Integrations
- Click on the Add New button
- Enter a recognizable name for your integration
- Click on the Browse button
- Select "Intercom" from the providers list
- Click on the Next button
- Enter the App Id to connect Intercom with LeadsBridge
- To get the App ID you should log in on your Intercom account and check the URL of your Intercom app.
The ID is what you see after the apps/ and before /inbox; for example, in the following URL, the ID is "f4i4totg"
Copy the ID and paste it into LeadsBridge integration.
- Select the entity concept you'd like to use (ex Lead, User)
- Select the segmentation concept you'd like to use (ex Tag, Segment)
- Click on the Authorize button
- A Intercom's wizard will popup
- Enter your credentials and grant the access to LeadsBridge
- Head back to LeadsBridge and click on the Finish button
Which entity concepts we support for Intercom
LeadLeads are a way to represent logged out users of your application, such as website visitors. Leads are similar to users except that we cannot set identifying characteristics.
If you want to create a Lead inside your Intercom account, you should define it inside the Integration page, picking the Lead value from the drop-down menu. ( Learn more)
UserUsers are the main data source in Intercom. The platform allows you to store data on your users, including events, and use this data to segment and understand them more in detail.
If you want to create a User inside your Intercom account, you should define it inside the Integration page, picking the User value from the drop-down menu. ( Learn more)
Which segmentation concepts we support for Intercom
With LeadsBridge you may use these segmentation concept for Intercom.
TagTags are similar to segments except that they’re not automated. Tags let you manually group users or companies together. They’re great for highlighting VIP customers who may require VIP support or loyal customers who would make great beta testers, for example. ( Learn more)
SegmentThe segments are dynamics groups of users defined by rules (or filters) that you set. Users automatically gets added to the group as soon as they match those rules. Intercom recommends creating a segment for every key group of users you’d like to send a message to – for example, trial users or users who have yet to take action. ( Learn more)
Common questions for Intercom
How can I create the custom fields?
While you are setting a custom field on your Intercom account, please remember to assign a "non-empty" value. Just a simple dash "-" will be enough.
This is a required setting to allow third party software like LeadsBridge to read the custom field information. You should define it inside your Intercom account.
If you have a field with "Unknown" value, it won’t be read as a custom field available.
How do I sync more than 10k per each audience?
In this case, the workaround is to create a new Intercom application inside your Intercom account, this will create a custom application and will remove the 10k contacts limit.
Once done, send us your new application credentials (the Client Id and Client Secret) and we will change your LeadsBridge integration to use your custom application instead of the shared one.
In this way you will be able to exceed their limit of 10k contacts and finally create big Custom Audiences.
Check with your Intercom support how to create a custom application inside your Intercom account.
How do I sync leads or users from Intercom?
- Place yourself on the Source "Incoming Lead Settings" step of the bridge
- Click on the word "HERE" that's a link prefilled for you, as you can see from the screenshot
- Click on "Create Webhook" on the Intercom screen that will be open
- Then, copy the Leadsbridge webhook address you see in the "Webhook URL" field and paste it into the Intercom webhook settings
- If you're using the "Leads" entities, you should select the options as follows in this image
- If you're using the "Users" entities, you should select the options highlighted in this screenshot
- Click on "Update Webhook" to save your settings on the Intercom side
- Now, create a new lead or user (based on your settings) inside your Intercom and wait until the information is transferred to LeadsBridge.
Please remain on the Source step (2° step) of the bridge while creating the lead or user, this way LeadsBridge will be able to recognize the fields and let you do the matching with your destination integration.
If you have any further questions regarding this matter, or if you need help to set up the connection between Intercom with LeadsBridge, do not hesitate to get in touch!