Connect FTP/SFTP to Facebook Offline Conversions with LeadsBridge
This article is a simple guide on how to set up the bridge and connect FTP/SFTP to Facebook Offline Conversions.
How to set up the bridge step-by-step tutorial
Before you start
- Head over to the left sidebar and click on Facebook Suite.
- Click Facebook Offline Conversions.
- You'll be taken to the Facebook Offline Conversions section of your account.
- Click on Add New.
- You'll be taken to the first step of the bridge creation.
Step 1: Account destination
- Select the Facebook Ad Account you want to assign the Facebook Offline Conversions.
- Select the Facebook Business Manager associated.
- Click Next.
Step 2: Choose your Facebook Offline Conversions settings
- Pick an existing Custom Conversion or choose to create a new one from the drop-down.
- In case of a new one, enter the name for your Facebook Offline Conversions (this will be visible inside your Business Manager).
- Add some labels to identify your bridge later in LeadsBridge.
- Click Next.
Step 3: Setup your FTP/SFTP source
- Choose FTP/SFTP as source of your contacts.
- Select to use an existing integration or to create a new one.
- Click Next.
You may skip the integration part if your integration has been already configured.
Integrate FTP/SFTP with LeadsBridge
- Type in the name you'd like to call your integration to recognize it later.
- Enter Use SFTP? (Secure FTP), FTP Host, FTP Port, FTP Username, FTP Password, Root directory, Charset, File's extension (eg. txt), Fields Separator Char, Headers row number (default 0) and Destination filename pattern to connect your FTP/SFTP with LeadsBridge.
- Some FTP/SFTP details such as host name, username and password are required for accessing your files on the server by using an FTP client. The FTP details will comprise a server address (similar to ftp.yourdomain.com), a username and a password.
In case that you don't have, or you don't know, those details, you should contact your web hosting provider, and they will be able to give you this information.
Usually, web hosting services provide you these details after you sign up for a web hosting package. In most cases you’ll receive your FTP/SFTP information details in the welcome email sent from your web host provider after signing up to their services.
Below you can find a short description for each field from the FTP/SFTP integration:
- Use SFTP This toggle will allow you to use the Secure mode (SFTP), if your FTP server implements it
- FTP Host This is the hosting server name
- FTP Port This is the server port, the default port for FTP is 21, and for SFTP is 22
- FTP Username/Password Your FTP credentials, usually they're the same as your cPanel login details
- Root Directory This is the folder in your FTP service where you would read files from or put files to. If any provided, the root dir will be used
- Headers row number This is the row index (0 based) in which the file headers are located
- Charset This is the charset encoding of your input files
- File's extension This is the extensions that will be used to filter files in case you use your integration as a Source
- Fields Separator Char The char used as separator in the CSV file
- Destination filename pattern This value will be used to define the name of the output file in case the integration is used as Destination. You may use Date and Time patterns chars such as Y/m/d H:i:s. Notice that you should type the pattern inside square brackets, for instance [Ymd]
- Click Next.
- Select the segment you'd like to use as the source for your contacts.
- You may also add filter conditions by clicking the Source Filter button:
- Add conditions to filter contacts and tailor specific segments.
- Remember that source data will be processed only when all conditions added are met.
Here you can map your FTP/SFTP information with your destination fields.
You'll see a field name with the destination integration's logo at the top, this indicates the name of the field on Facebook Offline Conversions.
Underneath there's a box where you may add the information you'd like to send.
- Check each of the Facebook Offline Conversions fields available and match the data you wish to sync from FTP/SFTP.
- Map as many fields as possible to achieve higher performing data matching to people on Facebook.
- Please remember to specify these mandatory fields to create the Event Set:
- Event Name: the event type;
- Event Time: when the conversion occurred;
- Event Value: the value of the conversion, like the amount spent;
- Transaction Currency.
- Email and Phone can accept up to 3 values, thus allowing to create better-performing retargeting.
- Static values can be added only for Event Name, Transaction Currency, Country Code, Gender and U.S. State fields.
- You may also leave blank the box of a field's information you don't want to send through.
Adding more information is simple and straightforward:
- Head over the "Would you like to add more information?" box at the bottom of the page.
- Select the field you'd like to add from the dropdown list.
- Click the Map this field button.
- The field will appear above.
- Add the desired information, as you did with the other ones.
Custom Data can be used for creating segments in your reporting or building custom audiences next.
Custom Data is not used for matching offline events to people on Facebook.
- Add the Custom Data custom field from the dropdown at the bottom.
- Select one or more information you'd like to add to your conversion inside the Custom Data field, for example the Category and the Location of a customer's order.
Once accomplished your desired outcome, click Next.
Here you can Edit the source created, Delete it or Add Another Source to combine different sources into your Facebook Offline Conversions.
If you'd like to add other source data, please click Add Another Source and repeat the Step 3 to setup your new source.
Once done, click Next and head to the last step.
Step 4: Summary
- Before proceeding, please check the information recap.
- Choose if you'd like to run a Simulation or you're ready to go Live.
- Simulation mode provides you with the opportunity to elaborate source data excluding the data sync process. The outcome is a report in order to verify the information processed.
- Live mode process source data and sync information with Facebook Offline Conversions as the outcome. Activate this when you're ready to go live.
That's all! Congratulations.
Your bridge will now start the sync process to gather all the information. Once ready, it will be synced and updated automatically.
- Getting Started with the Conversions Sync
- Offline Conversions Sync step by step guide
- Offline Conversions FAQ's
If you have any other questions, or need help to configure your bridge from FTP/SFTP to Facebook Offline Conversions with LeadsBridge, do not hesitate to contact our Support!