Connect Oracle Eloqua to Welcome SMS with LeadsBridge
In this article, you'll learn how to set up the bridge and connect Oracle Eloqua to My CRM Example using LeadsBridge.
How to set up your bridge step-by-step tutorial
Before you start
- Head over to the left sidebar and click on the Create new Bridge green button
- You'll be taken to the first step of the bridge creation
Step 1: Choose the apps you want to connect
- Choose Oracle Eloqua as the source for your bridge
- Choose Welcome SMS as the destination for your bridge
- Click on the Continue button
Step 2: Configure your Oracle Eloqua with Welcome SMS
Step 2.A: Setup your Oracle Eloqua integration
- Click on Connect Oracle Eloqua
- Click on Create new integration to connect your Oracle Eloqua (or select an existing one from the dropdown if you already connected it)
- A popup wil be opened where you can authorize the Oracle Eloqua integration
- Fill Company, Username, Password, Sort segments? field to connect Oracle Eloqua with LeadsBridge
- Click on the Authorize button
- You can choose a name for this Oracle Eloqua and LeadsBridge integration (you can also edit it later)
- Now that your Oracle Eloqua is connected, you can continue with the set-up of your bridge
Step 2.B: Configuration details for Oracle Eloqua
How to get Company, Username, Password, Sort segments?
Step 2.C: Setup your Welcome SMS integration
- Click on Connect Welcome SMS
- Click on Create new integration to connect your Welcome SMS (or select an existing one from the dropdown if you already connected it)
- A popup wil be opened where you can authorize the Welcome SMS integration
- Fill Send SMS from field to connect Welcome SMS with LeadsBridge
- Click on the Authorize button
- You can choose a name for this Welcome SMS and LeadsBridge integration (you can also edit it later)
- Now that your Welcome SMS is connected, you can continue with the set-up of your bridge
Step 2.D: Configuration details for Welcome SMS
How to get Send SMS from
You may even enter a text as the SMS sender, like your name or your company name (for example: ACME Company); obviously, leads will not be able to reply to you.
We suggest using your phone number, or a designated one so your leads can reply and get in touch with your company after receiving the SMS.
The phone should be written with the +CAT format, as per the example below.
DISCLAIMER: If the receiver number is from the US or Canada, the sender's phone number will not be visible in accordance with their national legislation.
Step 2.E: Email Receipt (Optional)
You may choose to receive an email receipt for each incoming lead.
- Type the address(es) where you'd like to receive the receipt
- You may also modify the Subject line of the email
Step 3: Fields Mapping
Here you'll be able to map your Oracle Eloqua information with your Welcome SMS fields.
- You will have Welcome SMS fields on the left. Match the information you wish to pass align from Oracle Eloqua
- Based on Welcome SMS functionality, some fields might be required; if this is the case, you can identify those fields with a * (star), so be sure to map all them
Step 3.A: Leads Filter (Optional)
- Click on the link Add Filter for Incoming Leads on the top left
- A popup wil be opened where you can configure the filter
Step 4: Save and Publish
- Click on the Save and publish button
Congratulations! Now your bridge is up and running
Do you need help?
Here some additional resources: