Connect Salesforce® Marketing Cloud to SMS Notification with LeadsBridge
In this article, you'll learn how to set up the bridge and connect Salesforce® Marketing Cloud to My CRM Example using LeadsBridge.
How to set up your bridge step-by-step tutorial
Before you start
- Head over to the left sidebar and click on the Create new Bridge green button
- You'll be taken to the first step of the bridge creation
Step 1: Choose the apps you want to connect
- Choose Salesforce® Marketing Cloud as the source for your bridge
- Choose SMS Notification as the destination for your bridge
- Click on the Continue button
- At this point you can choose a name for your bridge (this will only be visible inside LeadsBridge and you can also edit it later)
Step 2: Configure your Salesforce® Marketing Cloud with SMS Notification
Step 2.A: Setup your Salesforce® Marketing Cloud integration
- Click on Connect Salesforce® Marketing Cloud
- Click on Create new integration to connect your Salesforce® Marketing Cloud (or select an existing one from the dropdown if you already connected it)
- A popup wil be opened where you can authorize the Salesforce® Marketing Cloud integration
- Fill Client ID, Client Secret, Authentication Base URI field to connect Salesforce® Marketing Cloud with LeadsBridge
- Click on the Authorize button
- You can choose a name for this Salesforce® Marketing Cloud and LeadsBridge integration (you can also edit it later)
- Once done, click on Continue button and you will get back to the bridge experience where you could choose additional integration settings
- Now that your Salesforce® Marketing Cloud is connected, you can continue with the set-up of your bridge
Step 2.B: Configuration details for Salesforce® Marketing Cloud
How to get Client ID, Client Secret, Authentication Base URI
- Log into Exact Target with an Admin User
- On the top right of the screen, next to your username, make sure to select the correct Company, or Business Unit, that you want to connect with LeadsBridge
- Click on your username on the top right of the screen
- Click on Setup
- Go to Apps » Installed Packages, under Platform Tools
- Click on New at the top right of the screen
- Give a name to your New Package, for example LeadsBridge
- Click on Save
- Click on Add Component
- Select API Integration, then click on Next
- Select Server-to-Server, then click on Next
- Click on the Edit button of the API Integration you just created
- Flag the following items:
- Under Channels » Web, flag Read, Write and Publish
- Under Contacts » Audiences & Contacts » List and Subscribers, flag every item (if you want to use Lists)
- Under Data » Data Extensions & Data » File Locations, flag every item (if you want to use Data Extensions )
- Click on Save
- Copy the Authentication Base URI, Client ID and Client Secret from the API Integration you have just created on Exact Target
- Paste that information inside your LeadsBridge integration setup
Step 2.C: Setup your SMS Notification integration
- Click on Connect SMS Notification
- Click on Create new integration to connect your SMS Notification (or select an existing one from the dropdown if you already connected it)
- A popup wil be opened where you can authorize the SMS Notification integration
- Fill Send SMS from field to connect SMS Notification with LeadsBridge
- Click on the Authorize button
- You can choose a name for this SMS Notification and LeadsBridge integration (you can also edit it later)
- Now that your SMS Notification is connected, you can continue with the set-up of your bridge
Step 2.D: Configuration details for SMS Notification
How to get Send SMS from
- "Send SMS from" is the sender's phone number of your SMS notifications.
It may be your phone number or your company phone number, something recognizable when receiving the SMS.
DISCLAIMER: if the receiver number is from the US or Canada, the sender's phone number will not be visible in accordance with their national legislation.
- "Agents List (SMS Numbers)" is the field where the phone numbers to notify should be added.
You may enter only your phone number if you're the only receiver, or you may add a list of phone numbers along with names if you'd like to send SMS to different agents. Adding names will be useful to recognize the receiver later, inside the bridge settings.
Step 2.E: Email Receipt (Optional)
You may choose to receive an email receipt for each incoming lead.
- Type the address(es) where you'd like to receive the receipt
- You may also modify the Subject line of the email
Step 3: Fields Mapping
Here you'll be able to map your Salesforce® Marketing Cloud information with your SMS Notification fields.
- You will have SMS Notification fields on the left. Match the information you wish to pass align from Salesforce® Marketing Cloud
- Based on SMS Notification functionality, some fields might be required; if this is the case, you can identify those fields with a * (star), so be sure to map all them
- You can also use the functions to customize information like reformatting dates and times or modifying text, phone numbers and so on.
- You may leave blank the box of a field's information you don't want to send through. Clicking on the Show unmapped fields button you will have visibility on all the available fields still not mapped
Step 3.A: Leads Filter (Optional)
If you'd like you could add a filter for incoming leads. This filter will sync only leads that meet the configured conditions
- Click on the link Add Filter for Incoming Leads on the top left
- A popup wil be opened where you can configure the filter
- You can define a series of condition to filter the leads. The lead will be synced only when all the conditions will be met
- Once finished, click the Save Changes button to switch back to the Fields Mapping to continue with the bridge configuration
Step 4: Save and Publish
- Click on the Save and publish button
Congratulations! Now your bridge is up and running
Do you need help?
Here some additional resources: