The holiday season has come and gone. For most e-commerce stores, January is not the best time of the year because sales are spiraling downwards and your revenue is sinking. But not to worry, there are e-commerce promotions ideas you can use to get things up and running again.
There are many e-commerce promotion tips you can use to create the winning marketing campaigns in the New Year. Even though customers are recovering from the holiday sales, you can still inspire them to buy more from you in the New Year.
In this article, you will learn how to use six e-commerce promotion ideas to boost sales in the New Year.
And you know what?
These e-commerce promotion ideas are not only applicable to January alone, but you can also use them to boost your e-commerce sales throughout the year.
Let’s get started.
1. E-commerce promotion idea: Do it all over again
After the holiday promos, freebies and discounts, don’t stop. Do it all over again. It will shock you to know most shoppers did not patronize you because of the holiday season, but because of the discounts and the promos. This e-commerce promotion idea will help you keep the momentum going and to bring back your customers for the second-round of sales.
E-commerce promotion tips you can use are:
- Free gifts: Everyone loves free gift. According to a study, 93% of shoppers would be encouraged to purchase online if free shipping was offered. So throw in free gifts to entice people to buy from you.
- Offer more discounts: Discounts is still a winner any day especially when you make it a bulk buy discount. The more they buy, the more discount they get. All you need do is to set the limit for the minimum purchase.
- Free shipping deals: You can inspire your prospects to buy by offering them a free shipping promotion. Free shipping makes it easy for customers to checkout.
- Offer a flash sale: A flash sale makes a discounted product available for a short time. It creates urgency and an increase in sales.
Find an example of this e-commerce promotion idea below.
The next e-commerce promotion idea is “Offer loyalty rewards”.
2.E-commerce promotion idea: Offer Loyalty rewards
It is proper to reward your customers after the hectic holiday sales. This to encourage them to keep coming back to do business with you. This e-commerce promotion idea is important because acquiring new customers is anywhere from five to 25 times more expensive than retaining new ones.
Also, this e-commerce promotion idea has a lot of benefits. When you reward your loyal customers, it leads to more sales and helps to retain customers. Increasing customer retention by just 5 percent boosts profits by 25 to 95 percent.
So, how do you reward your loyal customers after the holiday sales?
- Send a thank you emails to your most loyal customers of the year including a free gift with purchase.
- Give them the opportunity to try a new product before other prospects.
- Offer them an exclusive deal.
Below is an example of this e-commerce promotion idea in practice.
The next e-commerce promotion idea is to “Capitalize on New Year Resolutions”
3.E-commerce promotion idea: Capitalize on New Year resolutions
The third e-commerce promotion idea you can use to promote your e-commerce business after the holiday festivities is to capitalize on New-Year resolutions. People are fond of making new resolutions to better their lot in the New-Year. This can be a resolution to live healthier, sleep better, eat better, lose weight, get married, etc.
You can capitalize on this e-commerce promotion tip to inspire your shoppers by showing them products that can make their resolution a reality. Show them how your products can help them achieve their goals.
Below are e-commerce promotion tips you can use for this purpose:
- Offer products that can enhance productivity issues e.g. mobile devices.
- Offer products that can promote health e.g. exercise equipment and diet plans.
- Offer products that enhance safety and protection e.g. safety products, iPhone case
For example, see the advert below from Amazon, encouraging users to reinvent themselves in the New -Year by using new devices.
This is an amazing e-commerce promotion idea that will help to boost sales and conversions. All you need is to think outside the box.
The next e-commerce promotion idea is to “Create an email marketing campaign”
4.E-commerce promotion idea: Create Email Marketing Campaign
Another great e-commerce promotion idea you can use to boost your sales right after the holidays is to create an email marketing campaign for your email list. This is the time to use the email you harvested during the holiday season.
This e-commerce promotion tip is profitable because email yields an average return of $38 for every $1 spent and because of this, 80 percent of professionals use email marketing to drive customer acquisition and retention.
Below are e-commerce promotion tips on the email promotion you can use after the holidays.
- Remind your subscribers about items back in stock
- Extend the free shipping period
- Promote limited time sales such as winter clearance sales
Below is an example of this e-commerce promotion idea.
The next e-commerce promotion idea is “Coming soon this year product ideas”
5.E-commerce promotion idea: “Coming soon this year” product ideas
Coming soon this year product idea is an excellent e-commerce promotion idea you can use to let your customers in on the products you have in the pipeline for the year. This will give them reasons to come back to check for the new deals and product offer.
The coming soon e-commerce promotion idea uses anticipation and urgency to build up the customer’s curiosity. By the time you release the product, the curiosity will turn to urgency.
Below are e-commerce promotion tips for coming soon ideas:
- Use limited stock with the initial release of the product to create urgency and thus boost sales.
- Create a series of new product launches and share it on the social media networks, YouTube and emails to keep your customers looking forward to it.
This e-commerce promotion idea will keep you above your competition because most e-commerce marketers are not thinking of new products after the holidays. They rather analyze their sales or restock after the holidays.
A good example of coming soon product ideas is shown below:
The next e-commerce promotion idea is “Retarget your website visitors”
6.E-commerce promotion idea: Retarget your website visitors
The sixth e-commerce promotion idea is to retarget your holiday visitors. The holiday time is the busiest for most e-commerce stores online. There is a lot of traffic coming in from different channels. With your pixels in place, you can easily retarget your website visitors.
This is a perfect e-commerce promotion idea to promote your products, especially after the holidays because retargeting can lead up to 147% higher conversion rates and visitors who see retargeted ads are 70% more likely to convert on your website.
Retargeting will help you to keep your brand in the memories of your visitor even after the holiday season.
Below are retargeting tips to make this e-commerce promotion idea a winning one.
- Send retargeting emails to remind them of the products they viewed while on your website
- Retarget the visitors with products they are already shown interest in.
- Avoid overwhelming potential customers with your retargeting campaign
Below is a great example of a retargeting campaign.
Above are six smart e-commerce promotion ideas you can use to boost your e-commerce sales in the New Year. Have you tried any before? Share with us in the comment section below.