Many small business owners are looking for ways to make their startup successful. Startups fail not because they do not have solid capitals to start, but because they do not have solid plans in place. A recent study by Allmand law revealed that 90% of startups fail. Only 10% do well. This is why many small business owners are looking for how to make their startup successful.
The truth is, to make a startup successful, you first need to know how to market your startup. This is because most startups do not have the financial capacity and human resources that other big companies have at their disposal to promote their brand. This is why in recent times, most startups are using marketing automation to reduce cost, time and energy.
It is a difficult task to scale as a startup even though you have a good business idea, a great team and even a few numbers of customers patronizing your business. You need access to more resources to make your startup successful. But the thing is, it is difficult to access such resources. This is where you need to automate marketing for your startup.
Automating marketing for your startup will give you the following benefits:
- Automating marketing for your startup helps you to save time. This is because you will automate small repetitive tasks that take time to accomplish.
- Automating marketing for your startup will help you centralize communication. For instance, when a customer requests for an information, automation will help you to quickly pass the request to the right department, so the customer will not have to wait for long.
- Automating marketing for startup helps to create a standard process. You are automating the processes and removing human error. This will create a consistent standard process for your business.
- Automating marketing for your startup will enable you to see all your operations centralized in one place. You will pinpoint the performance of each member of your team.
- Automating marketing for your startup will enable you to better make use of your human capital and distribute responsibilities to employees.
Now you know the importance of automating marketing for your startup, how do you go about it?
Below are five marketing automation tricks to make your startup successful.
1. How to make your startup successful: Automate manual work
The first step to make your startup successful is to automate all manual marketing work. Most small business owners spend more time on manual tasks than the actual running of the business. According to a survey, 20 percent of the working day is spent doing important jobs, while 80 percent is wasted on tasks that have no relevance. Automating marketing for your startup will enable you to use software to tackle manual and repetitive tasks so you can focus on more productive tasks to become more successful. Tasks you can automate to make your startup successful includes:
- How to make a startup successful: Automate your content marketing process
Searching for content for your website can take a lot of time. You can use apps to find content to share on your social media channels using the location, hashtags or images.
- ?How to make your startup successful: Automate your meetings to enable you to close more leads. Most often than not, quality leads come from meetings and you need to keep them. You can use an app like MeetingLeads to enable you to sync your calendars or appointment scheduler such as Calendly, Calendar, Outlook and Acuity with your CRM (Eloqua, Pipedrive, HubSpot, Salesforce, Zoho CRM, Intercom, etc) ) to enable you to close leads on time. It saves you time and helps to build your business quickly.
- How to make your startup successful: Automate your customer service. Are you spending too much time attending to customers, you can use marketing automation software to automate the processing by filling in reason codes and creating stock replies for popular questions people ask. You can integrate it with Salesforce, Zendesk, and other apps.
- How to make your startup successful: Automate your social media posts. You can use apps like Hootsuite and Buffer to help you schedule and automate posts to your social media channels, such as Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, and Google+. This will give you more engagements and increase your followers.
Therefore, automating manual work in your business will give you more time to concentrate on important projects. This will help make your startup successful.
The second marketing automation trick to make your startup successful is to know your customers.
2. How to make your startup successful: Know your customers
The second trick you can use to make your startup successful is to know your customers. There are marketing automation software you can use to track the behavior of your website visitors. This software will enable you to know the time your users? visit, the content they interacted with on your website and any other pages they visited. This data will enable you to build a user profile for your audience.
The third marketing automation tricks you can use to make your startup successful is to create a converting landing page to help you build an email list.
3. How to make your startup successful: Create a converting landing page to build your email list
The third trick you can use to make your startup successful is to create converting landing pages on your website to build an email list for your business. Here, you can run Facebook retargeting ads to enable you to acquire more leads. As soon as users leave your website, you can retarget them with Facebook ads to convert them to leads. When they sign up on your ads for your offer, you can quickly contact them by using Leadsbridge’s Leads Ad Sync to sync your Facebook lead ads in real-time with your CRM/Email marketing software. This will enable you to quickly engage them before they forget about you.
The fourth way to make your startup successful is creating welcome emails for your subscribers.
4. How to make your startup successful: Create welcome emails for your subscribers
The fourth trick you can use to make your startup successful is to create welcome emails for your subscribers. As soon as the email lands in your CRM software, send a welcome email to them informing them about your company and what you do. It will interest you to know that about 74.4% of consumers are waiting to receive a welcome email from you when they subscribe. Also, subscribers who receive a welcome email show about 33% more long-term engagement with the brand. A good welcome email will help you build a relationship with your subscribers right from the onset and nurture them appropriately. Leads are essential to the success of startups. You need to continually nurture them into paying customers.
For the customers that did not make a purchase, you can use abandoned cart rescue email to get them to convert. Most marketing automation tools have this feature. For the customers who converted, send a post-purchase drip campaign to bring them back again. You can send one automated message after the purchase or create a post-purchase workflow to engage your customers.
If you have different sources where you collect leads, use inbox-leads to quickly synchronize your Inbox with your CRM tool. The tool enables you to collect leads from any source at any time you want and it will store the leads into your CRM by cc’ing an email address. You can integrate your personalized email from Gmail and Outlook to your current CRM. This way, you collect leads on the go.
The fifth marketing automation trick you can use to make your startup successful is to create social media posts from your content.
5. How to make your startup successful: Create social media posts from your content.
Another great way to make your startup successful is to create social media posts for your content. Sometimes scheduling social media posts can be an arduous task. As a startup that wants to succeed, you will need to spend less time on activities that can make you less productive. You can use automation software like Zapier to connect your website with your social media channels. This will enable you to automatically post new blogs on your networks and reduce the time you need to post and also keep your costs low.
You can automate your posts from WordPress, RSS feeds straight to your Twitter or Facebook page.
In this article you learned?five marketing automation tricks to make your startup successful.?Do you want to?get more content on how to run and grow your start-up? join our newsletter to stay update on latest news and tips!